Moneytree aggregates data via a financial institution’s provided API or via direct collection from their official websites.
API authentication has 2 methods: using digital certificates or entering IDs and passwords.
This FAQ explains how to re-authenticate the financial institution with API connections.
Please note that there is an expiration date for authentication, and re-authentication is required periodically.
The screenshots attached to this FAQ are examples. The actual screen may differ depending on the financial institution.
iOS app・Android app
1. iOS ：Tap “+” on the Balances screen
Android：Tap upper right icon and tap "Connection Settings" on the Balances screen
2. Tap “Update Connection” of the financial institution which you would like to re-authenticate
3. Tap “Reauthenticate this account”
Tap “Why do I need to authenticate? ” and it shows this financial institution provides an API.
4. Transition to the API screen and follow the instruction which is provided by the financial institution.
Moneytree web app
1. Login to Moneytree web app
*If you login to Internet Banking with a digital certificate, please login to Moneytree web app from the PC which has a digital certificate.
2. Click “Work” and “Corporate”
3. Click “Fix it” of the financial institution which you would like to re-authenticate
4. Click “Reauthenticate Financial Service”
5. Transition to the API screen and follow the instruction which is provided by the financial institution.
*Either the administrator or the user can authenticate. Basically, Moneytree shows all accounts which the administrator or the user has access to.
Please make sure of IDs and passwords before re-authentication.
The account will be duplicated if you add a new financial institution, not re-authentication.
Once you delete the connection, all data will be gone.
Please do not return to Moneytree by clicking the back button on your browser after the authentication is done.