Moneytree aggregates data via a financial institution’s provided API or via direct collection from their official websites.
API authentication has 2 methods: using digital certificates or entering IDs and passwords.
This FAQ explains how to register a new financial institution with API connections.
Please note that there is an expiration date for authentication, and re-authentication is required periodically.
If re-authentication is required, please refer to Re-authentication for API / Corporate accounts.
The screenshots attached to this FAQ are examples. The actual screen may differ depending on the financial institution.
iOS app・Android app
1. iOS ：Tap “+” on the Balances screen and tap ”+” on the Vault screen
Android： Tap upper right icon and tap "Add new account" on the Balances screen
*If you login to Internet Banking with a digital certificate, please login via the Moneytree web app.
2. Choose the financial institution which you would like to add and tap “Authenticate this account”
3. Transition to the API screen and follow the instruction which is provided by the financial institution.
Moneytree web app
1. Login to Moneytree web app
*If you login to Internet Banking with a digital certificate, please login to Moneytree web app from the PC which has a digital certificate.
2. Click “Work” and “Corporate”
3. Click ”New”
4. Choose the financial institution which you would like to add and click “Authenticate Financial Service”
Click “Why do I need to authenticate? ” and it shows this financial institution provides an API.
5. Transition to the API screen and follow the instruction which is provided by the financial institution.
*Either the administrator or the user can authenticate. Basically, Moneytree shows all accounts which the administrator or the user has access to. If you would like to show specific accounts on Moneytree, please make a new user who can refer to specific accounts and authenticate with this new user on Moneytree.